Saturday, March 5, 2011

MUST HAVE SUNDAYS!

I was clearing out my Makeup Kit- a consistent and never ending task of all makeup artist.

-I also make check list so that I know the items that I put aside in my other storage of items that I barley use-which is so sad because some of these items are so expensive.

I have chosen to talk about three items that always travel with me and my kit:
The First:
by Benefit Cosmetics its Bene-tint
"the sexiest flush you can get from a bottle"www.benefitcosmetics.com
I generally hate the smell of roses-but its so light and it goes away.
Created for cheeks,lips and nipples! yup! Nipples! go to their site to read up on it


-It gives a see through cherry stained look on the lips
-a sheer happy winter kiss on the cheeks
and a perfect flush to the nipples:
Great for layering: Like adding this goddess item as a cheek tint and brushing it over with a sweep of Gold Mica Powder from Faces Cosmetics.
MY NEWEST LOVE:
Most people who know me-know that I LOVE no make-up make-up which is what I always get from Bene-tint.
I Take a Q-Tip and line just ABOVE the eyelash line with the product and then add my darkest brown liner to the bottom and lower lash lines. this works best on tanned skin.

I usually pick this item up from Murale or Shoppers Drugs Smart because of the awesome points! Woo hoo!


2nd: DepSea Hydrability Lip Balm: Shu Uemura

I have the biggest crush on this product I always by two at a time.

You can use this product as a mask at night on the lips (just coat them thick) and your soar tired lips will thank you in the morning.
The lip balm hydrates the lips so well that it helps the delicate skin to become more translucent thus more hydrated: I use it on my elbows when I am really dry or on my finger tips in winter.



BEWARE: it is addictive and carries bees wax and macademia oil to aid in hydration. The Depsea line actually helps your skin to teach your skin how to hydrate it self.


I generally pick this product up at Holt Renfrew. http://www.holtrenfrew.com/ to find your nearest store.


it is not sticky or greasy and it doesn't smell like crap.


MAKEUP TIP: Most of the time my male models have the driest lips and it is not so popular to have my models with lots of shine on their lips. AT THE SAME TIME: Lipstick wearers-urgh the dreaded dry lipstick look-before you apply your lipstick apply the SHU BALM.

---heres what I do: before cleansing my models skin for makeup I apply Shu Balm-which everyone in my circle knows it as. with in 5 minutes chapped and unsightly lips are diminished.-I am ready to apply my makeup and lip stick goes on much smoother and looks more definitive.

It-melts right into the skin so for my male models I generally don't have to wipe it off. WOO HOO!





3rd: Makeup Forever Microfinish Powder HD Powder


My stumble on this product came from a fellow make-up artist Ilsa Pratt from Vancouver-she told me how amazing it was.
The reason WE LOVE IT:
it helps to smooth out skin on ALL SKIN tones with out changing the color or texture of the skin.
Over or under foundation this universal product is a must have: even for a model or actors bag.
THE BONUS: Little to to no-scent and talc free.
The skin becomes more radiant and almost creates a blurry veil to hide ugly skin on camera.
Generally purchased from Sephora, Sears or The Bay
Happy Shopping.



No comments: